Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hi all!

Hi everyone! I thought I would start a blog, so that way I have a place to put up pics as well as write notes and keep everyone posted on what is going on in Honduras. This will just be a short one, but I will try and post every few days with stories, and projects, as things get rolling here. Life has been great as of yet, except for the whole missing everyone like crazy thing. Every day I wake up to an adventure, whether that means just putting sentences together in spanish, or trying not to fall out of the back of the pickup on the way to one of the rural villages. I think it makes life interesting to have daily battles to conquer, it just makes you learn more. Anything worth doing will be hard, right? Well thats all for now, but I will post again soon with more of the good stuff. Love to all!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren
My first post went to never never land, I think, trying again.
Thanks for sharing your experience in Honduras! Make sure you use the seat belt in the back of that pick-up truck. :-)
Uncle Phil

Unknown said...

YAY! I'm so excited you're going to keep an online blog! Thank you so much for sharing with us. I'm with Uncle Phil though on the thought of you in the back of that pick up truck - IKES - hold on girl!! Looking forward to your next posting! Love ya - Aunt Dana

Sarah said...

What a great idea to do a blog! I can't wait to see pictures!

mom said...

Hi Lauren,
I think the blog is a great way for us to "experience" a little of life in Honduras. 2 words from me, though... Be careful! (regarding the truck!) Love, Mom

Gretchen said...

Hey Lauren,
Glad to hear all is well and you are enjoying your adventure! Looking forward to your next post, and seeing pictures! Love, Gretchen

Jennifer Morse said...

You sound like you're having so much fun! Well, at least you know now that if there is ever a big Hollywood movie that needs a stunt double for an actress falling out of the back of a pick-up truck, you can totally dominate that part! I'm so happy you're keeping a blog. And I'm even more happy you are enjoying yourself! Those 4th graders are lucky to have you down there as a role model! Miss you like crazy!!!! Love, Jen :)